I am not Monty Hall

A friend in GA who has a large family once posted something along these lines (I cannot find her exact quote) .....if you come to my house you will see laughing, crying, singing, shouting, anger, happiness, screaming, giggling, good manners, bad manners....all in the first 30 minutes you arrive! Yep, that is about the same at my house! lol With a crew like this there is bound to be differences in attitude and those attitudes are everywhere! While I have heard happiness is contagious....I have some kids with great immune systems!
Last night my tough guys were all in thier room, which is beside the kitchen since they require 24/7 suppervision, they were all three in time out. I must say that while you are in time out it does not serve anyone well to cry, scream or yell...I will let you up when it is time....NOT because you have pleaded. If anything it does lengthen your stay! MOST of my children understand this. As I fixed dinner they yelled "Can we come out?" "If we stay here quietly can we come out?" "How long do we have to stay mom?" "We won't do it again" "We promise, can we come out?" I am always reminded and laugh at myself through thier calling.....Do I look like Monty Hall?? This is not Let's Make A Deal!! This is life. Fun as that show was...life it not about deals!! hummmm....perhaps simple obedience might serve a person well?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home