Model Model Model Model
Model Model Model Model and more Modeling.....it cannot be said enough! But it certainly cannot be DONE enough! Good behavior is a good thing....why it is called "Good" duh! Everyday I see myself doing things I wish I had done differently....don't we all? Hope I am not alone! Actually know I am not! But somethings we need to be modeling are just more serious!
This morning on the way to school John was in the front seat beside me. I have to say, if you have read my blog you know that I feel driving to school is a serious time to show kindness and patience ....never a time to race or rush! But this morning John was getting really frustrated having to wait at the redlight. He was saying things about other cars and so on. I finally turned and said, "John, you may never drive a car." He looked up. I then said, "You have Road Rage and you are a passenger!" I cannot knowingly allow a child who rages behind the wheel of a car! I then talked about time not being that important. It isn't. We did arrive at school before it started. But even if we had not, so what? I am very rarely late for school. Perhaps only a time of two a year.
John does have to take his insturment to the band room and walk to the other side of the building. Sometimes he is just gonna have to hurry. Sometimes he is going to be able to stop and visit along the way. But always he needs to have a good attitude.
Road rage is such an issue in our country. More today because people cannot seem to find enough hours in the day! They race here and there. I may or may not rush my 'people' in the house...but once I get behind the wheel, I slow down. It is a MUST! I sure do hope my kids learn this one lesson!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home