Hard times.
I sometimes think my life it hard....as I blogged yesterday....perspective tells me I am just fine! I have two friends of nearly 8 years that are both mom's to large families....both faced with tough health issues. Cindy Adams has colon cancer and Cindy Bodie is having surgery for a mass that prayerfully will not be cancer! Either way....thier lives are HARD right now!! They are in my prayers. It is a tough week to be a "Cindy"!
I bought a book this morning at Wal-mart while waiting to get my oil changed. It is a new one by Max Lucado, written to teens, It Is Not All About You.. imagine that!! Our lives have to be CHRIST centered....not Me centered!!! Not hard to see as adults....we can see what service and the service of others brings to each person. When we strive to be more like Christ.....we are simply that....More like Christ! More at peace, more in control, more in love with our brothers and sisters, more of everything! It is the abundant life!!!! A Christ centered life! Not at all a new concept. Although in this crazy blame everyone, I want it all for me world....the concept sometimes gets pushed into the closet....out of sight and out of mind! It is our(MY) responsiblity as a Christian to keep it in front of me! To follow that example.
I think sometimes as adults we behave like children. Have you recently walked anywhere with a child? I have spent to whole days at two different Zoos and I have witnessed first what it is like! They always seem to push themselves out front....to desire to be the first one there....they think they can lead. But, like us, sometimes they have no idea where they are going! Following from the front just does not work! Makes you wonder if Jesus' words "the first shall be last and the last first" can't apply to following?? I have watched my children walk right onto the wrong path thinking everyone is with them....only to turn around ....realize no one is with them.....and be the last one there! The "horse before the cart" concept.....We cannot be before Christ!
I know this is such a lesson to me! Christ at the center of my life is a must!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home