Amanda's Thoughts

Thursday, March 01, 2007

My friends.....

Today was not nearly as crazy as I thought it might be:) My friend Shannan and her crew stayed the night with us last night. I think they will be staying for a little while:) Instant friends for all! So today when I had my lunch date with Kay Williams ...I had a sitter. Pretty neato stuff!

Kay picked me up and we drove to Selmer to a little place I had not been before. Lunch was nice, but the company was awesome! Kay is truly one of the most wonderful servants I know. She has a heart built to serve and the "get up and go" to go and actually do all the things she wants. I am in awe. I tell myself that the day will come when I too have my children grown and will be able to freely love and serve as Kay does. I hope God has that in store for me!

Kay goes beyond the expected. When our church had several serious needs Kay organized a women's prayer group to meet and pray together on Sunday nights. Such a gift for the women who go! There is so much power in prayer, and it is simply magnified to us when we can stand with our sisters in Christ and pray! Thank you Kay. I know that God's hand is at work at all times....just look at Kay!

I have really began to evaluate my service to God. Not to compare myself to others, but to look deep inside me and think about what I am truly doing for Christ. Can I do more? Can I find a way to serve better while loving and caring for my family? I never want to become so engrossed in my everyday life that I forget why I am here! I have had many people talk about my "mission field" being my home. Granted, I have a big family and I hope and pray and work to ensure they are are all Christians! Even with my responsibilities at home, I know there are so many times everyday when I can serve others. I have more of me:) I also know that when I serve others it recharges me and my service. There is nothing a busy mom needs more than extra batteries!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home