Amanda's Thoughts

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Open House

Sometimes I think we must have a neon light in the front yard that says "OPEN HOUSE". I am so very very thankful that our addtions are finished and I have room to spread out. Most thankful that once again I have my kids seperated by sex and age. My big boys can have friends over and I know that the only people on thier wing is them! No one is allowed in places they don't have bedrooms without my permission.

Last week someone knocked on the door at 9pm. Scott answered it to a young guy (high school) who said, "hey, can I stay over tonight?" He had been at football and walked to our house (about 2 miles from the school). He said "I got lost a couple of times, some of those roads are dark and scary!" Would scare me to death to have my child out like that! I asked if he had clothes? He laughed and told me he had all kinds of stuff in his locker at school!

A few nights ago another young guy called Scott (he has before and he always asks for Scott, a very respectful young guy!)and asked if he could come for the night. Scott said sure and then he said "Can you come and get me?" Scott did. Same guy walked into the driveway the next evening (his house is a couple of miles from ours) and said can I come in?

I have children who have had much loss in thier lives. BUT they have a home, they have a family that loves them, they have security and so very much hope!

Scott says that some of these kids that come our way for a day or two or three at a time are "The real heros", they are the ones who are making it(and pretty successfully) without help. The two guys I mentioned have the BEST attitudes! They are funny kids who just love hanging out (and eating) at my house.

I thank God for my blessings and my ability to share!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home