Amanda's Thoughts

Friday, December 23, 2005

A watched pot won't boil

Okay, I understand the concept here....but a watched pot does boil:) If it did not my children would starve. I am so glad that the littles love to be with me....but sometimes I think it is the love of food that has them in the kitchen under foot while I prepare meals. We have six barstools that sit across from my stove top....they are usually full(with a couple of kids balancing between the stools too)....I have plenty egg crackers, bowl stirrers, table cleaners, pot watchers and TALKERS. I cannot say how many time I have measured water into a bowl to realize I cannot remember if I had put 9 cups or 10 in?? The talking never ends. It is a wonderful time to teach "listners" to be quiet while another is talking and about taking turns. I gain all kinds of information from the tops of barstools:) My kitchen is where I spend a big part of my time...If I ever actually design a kitchen it will be a big old room with lots of space for visiting:) (and eating!!) Although the one I have seems to be working pretty well:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home