Amanda's Thoughts

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Our Mail System


My house is not beautiful. It does not look like it came from the pages of Better Homes and Garden's magazine. It works. It is functional. It is distressed. It is nicknackless, as most nicknacks are broken. There are very few places I "display" anything, and when I do, it's my kids pictures:)

I do not have expensive furniture. I do have durable furniture. "Durable" being the utmost decider in our "fashion".

Not that I do not try. My living room (aka neighborhood community center) is all in oak(or oakish). I tried to stay with the same wood....lol...wood is easy:) I would love one of those House Beautiful homes, but they do not come with 20 children, so I choose my children. But, I must admit I, like most people, like nice. I struggle with "worldly" thoughts just like others. But I know that however beautiful a home I might have here on earth, it would be nothing compared to heaven. So my home, my true home, is golden (lol...with no dust!).

Saying all that, it should not matter that I woke to find Scott had bolted to the wall of my living room an office depot mail box system. Bolted right next to the piano. The very first thing a person can see when they come in the door. I had asked to put it in the kitchen beside my desk. But, Scott feels it looks best here, so he put it here:)

So in "blog fashion" I am now blogging and then letting it go(or should I say stay?).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home