Amanda's Thoughts

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Last day of October

Today was a busy, but very nice day! I spent the first hour after dropping everyone at school getting Samuels glasses repaired, getting Granny Holt candy at Wal-Mart and then going back to school to take Sam his glasses and talk to Lita's teacher about her vision. Lita's teacher sent home yet another note about her not being able to read a paper. Questioning "Did you take her to the eye doctor?". I have struggled because Lita wants glasses very much, and also because her teacher seems to be feeding this desire by telling she cannot see. When I questioned Lita about the paper she did have a hard time reading it not seeing it!! As I looked closely, Lita's paper with a note was written in the exact same type as her math paper....the same paper Lita read to me from 2.5 feet away and upside down! So, after talking to the teacher it is my greatest hope that Lita will do well and give up on the glasses!

Arriving home, Bill (aka Pa Bill) was pressure washing the house. WOW it looks great! Someone asked me what Bill did when he came to help out? My quick reply was "Whatever he wants to do!" We are just happy to have his company and always happy with his excellent help!

Sandy, Cade and Chance came this morning on the way to the farm. I went with them and we had lunch with Dad, ClaraRuth and Matt(my youngest brother). Matt works on a boat and has been off 8 weeks, 4 weeks as usual and 4 due to a big gash he accidently acquired! He is going to the company doctor in Paducah tomorrow and if he gets a good report he will be immediately going back to work. He is such a fun loving guy! I do think he has loved (with much fun!) his time at home!

Dad and ClaraRuth are in the middle of the serious task of combining two homes. A truly huge task! I am sure when it is all over they will be more than happy with thier results. I will being praying for them to arrive at that date soon! While they worried about the "order" of everything (which was really truly not that bad), they managed to have a great lunch!!

Sandy and I made it back to my house in time for me to leave her vehicle and get in the van for the ride to school. I picked up my littles and Joseph and made it home to find Chelsea here! We had a very nice hour visit. Gosh it is nice to have her around. I imagine I will feel the same way about all my children as they grow up and move on.....very proud and missing them all rolled up into one!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home