Amanda's Thoughts

Saturday, December 09, 2006

The sweetest find!

I was searching through my email looking for a list of Christmas addresses when I saw an email titled "The sweetest thing". I clicked it open to find this email I had sent to my adoptive group years ago (4 to be exact!). It was titled aptly and was a sweet find for me this morning. I am addressing a million envelopes and thinking of those I would hate to forget. It is nice to find a moment in time I had forgotten. It made me remember why I try to blog. There is so many sweet moments I just do not want to forget!!! The following is certainly one of those:)

August 9, 2003
This morning I took Angelita to school for her first "official" day. She was so excited and was the sweetest thing in her little dress(she def. wanted a dress!) and backpack with all her supplies.

I was not "sad" to see her get out of the van.....I was very glad to see her so happy and healthy!!! But I nearly cried as I watched her "big sisters(Tasha-6, Rosie-7 and Mercedez-8) help her. Parents are asked to please not come in the school to bring children or pick them up. So Angelita had her sisters helping her.... If they could have carried her they would have......one had each hand....the other holding the door.....all telling her they would help her......one making sure she had her lunch money .....one making sure she had a snack....the other promising to walk her to her class.....

I was thinking, and it was the thinking that made me cry!! So many look at my family and are amazed that it functions so well....or that the kids are clean....well-mannered and such.....but most ALL feel their children are more blessed.

Guys, as I watched Angelita on her first day of school.....I thought HOW VERY BLESSED SHE IS!!!! To be loved by so many and to have such great bonds with sisters (lol...plenty of them!) to look after her and love her!

lol....THAT made me cry! It was just one of the sweetest things I have seen in a while!


It is so fitting that I find a "sweet sister" thought today. My sister Stacy would have been 37 years old today. So very hard to imagine. She died so young that I really believe she will always be (in my mind)that happy healthy twenty-something year old. So many years have passed since her death and so much has happened. I just look forward to the day I can sit with her in Heaven. she was one of the funniest people I ever knew. I think it would be "Heaven" just to watch her once again!

Yesterday I thought about her. Seth was in the van with me. We were driving down the road talking about Abraham Lincoln (we seem to ALWAYS be talking about him!). Seth was wishing Abe was still alive. I tried explaining that even if John Wilkes Booth had not shot Abraham Lincoln he would still be dead. So much time has passed. Seth then began a prayer that was so very sweet I nearly cried. He prayed to God is such a sweet and reverent way. He prayed for the sick and those sad. Then he asked Jesus if Abraham Lincoln was there? If he was could he talk to him when he got to heaven? Seth ended his prayer and seriously looked up at me saying, "Jesus said he was there and I told him "hi"!". I know Seth wants Abe to be there, and he really wants to talk to him someday. I have a bunch of beautiful people I feel that way about too! Stacy is certainly near the top of my list:) Happy Birthday Stacy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home