Amanda's Thoughts

Thursday, October 06, 2005

One of those days!

Today was just one of those days.

I received my first call from Caleb at 7:45. He was at school and forgot all his basketball practice clothes. I explained to him that I prepared for the day and was dropping everyone off...headed FHU to see Chelsea....I did not think it was too much to expect him to get him ready. Thankfully Sarah was still at home and took them for me.

While waiting on Chelsea at college I backed up and my cell phone fell off the dash and straight into my coke! Immediate death for the cell phone. Called Scott (from Chelsea's phone), who was traveling but with phone, and let him know I was phone less an hour from home.

I had a great visit with Chelsea! What a fun girl she is! And we went by my little sisters to leave a little tykes car for her little guy Cade. Got to visit with her for about an hour .....looked at ultrasound pictures of my new nephew to be:)

Dropped Chelsea back at school and headed home. Drove straight to school to pick up. Ryan got into the can with a hole in the middle of his tongue!! He jumped off the swing and bit through (nearly through) his tongue! yikes!! Of course I was not "reachable"! Thankfully my Dad was and offered to come and get him....but Ry was fine(aside from the hole).

After an afternoon of football, volleyball game and cross country meet (which I did not get to see all of) I sat at the soccer fields with my "biggest and oldest" team. Sadly our coach has struggled with my two toughies all year. Scott or I HAVE to be at all the games. Sam and Zack love to play....and in truth do alright on the field. But have "mouth" problems and "obeying" problems and cannot sit down and cannot leave the coach alone. At the end of the game the coach came over to me in tears....she cannot deal with them. Did I mention they yelled at her dd and made her cry (the daughter was our goalie and we lost by one goal). She kept telling me how they behave and asking "do you know what I am talking about?" Oh yes...BTDT. After we got home we talked to Sam and Zack. They cannot play anymore this year. Makes me sad but, this is not a paid coaching position and they have driven the woman to the edge. She cried! At one point during the game she came to me....across the field from her and said Zack would not listen, I told her to send him to me (she had tried that and he said NO). I calmly told her to tell Zack he could come to me or I could come and get him....his choice. He jumped right up and came. Wish the coach could have made it....but I do understand. I sure hope these guys learn their lesson!!

Bedtime came with talks of respecting others property and rooms....as in "Get in your bed and stay out of everyone elses room!" I wonder sometimes if there really are people who have all their kids jump into bed and go to sleep ....I mean does it really happen that way?? I have ONE guy who does this....don't you think I should surely have more than one?? lol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home