Amanda's Thoughts

Monday, May 01, 2006

The Chamblees!

Last night we had a fellowship meal to honor Jim and Shirley Chamblee (our minister and his wife). Jim and Shirley have been as much a part of mine and Scott's lives together as anyone else. We moved to Savannah in 1988 and Chelsea was a baby (9 months).

Jim is one of the most selfless men I know and surely Shirley is equally so, for as long I can remember, he has put the church and his service to God first and Shirley has supported him and his work for our Lord. They both have been wonderful examples of service to me!

Just last week I was studying about the woman who washed Jesus' feet with her tears and dryed with her hair.. I am not an individual who cries easily and I truly wondered how she found enough tears, was her sin so great they were tears of regret or tears of thanksgiving? Perhaps thankfulness to be in Jesus' presence and have the opporunity to serve him. Also Mary, as she used the nard to annoint Jesus feet. These women both knew of Jesus' power and of love for others. Both felt that in order to show Jesus thier love, they had to be extreme, and they were, and they suceeded in showing thier love for Him. At least to the only person who mattered, Jesus.

I now understand how a person could shed so many tears, how earthly riches are nothing compaired to the love of a friend. Because I feel this for Jim and Shirley.

Every memory of the past 18 years Scott and I have lived in Savannah are etched with thier family too. Every hope for tommorow and appreciation for today is there as well.

There has been no more wonderful Christian friend to me, during my loss of Stacy than Jim. No funeral every as beautiful as the one he held for her. This is not some isolated event, I feel everyone who knows Jim shares the same thoughts for Jim's respect and wisdom in times of sorrow and joy!

Jim and Shirley have only given me positive thoughts from the beginning of my family to the end (lol..though it seems only Heaven will be the end of my service). So I can only return the favor and pray that God blesses them both richly as they continue to serve our Lord.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home