Amanda's Thoughts

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Brotherly love


This picture is perfect in my mind! Brotherly love. Stuart, Doug and Ryan. Stuart has lived here for 2 1/2 years with guardianship and pretty much the two years before guardianship. Doug, his bio brother, is with us often and I am glad! There is just nothing sweeter long term than family...and siblings will be with us always(in a perfect world). I am very proud of these two guys!!

My friend Liz has three precious little girls 6,3,1. She is really struggling right now. She is bi-polar (not taking meds!). Her husband, also with mental issues, has cancer. Doug and I talked about it last night. Doug had asked about the girls and I explained. There were of course the "are you adopting them" questions. No I am not. I am simply loving them. Liz has told me many times she just wished I would adopt her. I guess I have, or at least seem to have. We have had the baby for a few months. The baby is a bi-racial, and does not share the same bio father with the other girls. I have talked and talked and talked to Liz about the girls NEEDING to be together, but she simply has not realized, or will not, the merrit. Two days ago she came to get the baby. The baby, you know spoilt from my house, is too much for her. She brought all three girls back the next day, and last night called a mental health crisis line. She needs help. I have tried to talk to her about meds HELPING! Her father (not helping) tells her to toughen up! How not fair of him! I told Liz, "fair" is meds for her. She is suicidal and so badly need counseling. So for now, she is at Western State, getting the help she desperately needs!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home