Amanda's Thoughts

Monday, July 17, 2006

Fostercare

Years ago, a decade to be precise, Scott and I began fostering. The first two children we had were Alyssa(3.5) and Justin(17mo). Tonight Scott was asked about the children by a man who is counseling(not professionally) Alyssa with her Dad. She is now 14. Looking back I remember her being so lost. So many issues, now I know they were not as serious in some respects as I thought....although RAD was an issue.

We fostered 35 children and these two are the only children who went home to a Dad who gave up everything and worked hard to get them back! We had them in care for nearly 2 years. The only parent we ever had who called for advice after they children went home. Dad called and asked if I could please tell him what kind of shampoo we used, he said that when the children were at our house thier hair was always so healthy and nice, and now it looked bad. I told him we used Suave, but not to use conditioner (it was so oily naturally). He thanked me, talked a while and was gone. This dad not only loved his kids, he wanted them to look nice too. I have always prayed for him. Sure do hope it all works out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home