Crying Wolf

Last week Samuel spent a good 15 minutes retelling Scott and I the ENTIRE story of the boy who cried wolf. He is so serious about things....it was truly as if no one had ever heard this story before (he certainly had not) and when he finished he followed up with a story about a sick child who was pretending and nearly died when he was sick because of the "crying wolf". I think the story must have been the teachers addition...lol But Sam took it all to heart and is "trying to never do that".
Crying wolf. I have a couple who have been sick.....seems the hysteria can make my most healthy kids fall to deaths door. Actually it is not the hysteria ....it is the thought that they can stay home with mom if they can seem to be dying:) This morning Carlton said his ribs were really really hurting. Okay guys....the bug we have involves a bad headache....one person throwing up....no rib cage issues! When I question him further, he can hardly breath! I ask him to take a big deep breathe....he does....not a single flinch.....no catch in his breathing! Next? Seriously, he may have strained a muscle playing soccer, he may have hit something, it may truly hurt, but he can breathe!! I imagine he will be fine a school. He never said a single word after I talked to him. He even carried Jacob's books into school to him.....all 7 books(his and Jacob's) all hitched up under the arm with the traumatized ribs.....hummm.....miraculous recover?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home