A beautiful day!

Today was a beautiful day! The weather was beautiful, the trees were beautiful, and the event was beautiful! My father was married this afternoon. In a wonderful ceremony which took place in his back yard he married ClaraRuth, his dear friend of sometime. Actually Dad and ClaraRuth went to High School together many years ago. He even asked her on a date, but her parents would not let her(a freshman) go with Dad (as senior). Both traveled unique paths, married wonderful people, and found each other again. This time ClaraRuth did go on that date:)
The wedding was a "secret" as they wanted it small. Not an easy feat with Dad's children:) But, Dad had six of his nine children and their families along with Granny present. ClaraRuth had all her family with her. Her sister, two nieces and their husbands, a nephew, and a great niece. The ceremony took place in Dad's gazebo with family standing close by.
Milton Sewell, President of Freed Hardeman University married them Milton's sweet wife Laurel was with him. All together there were 48 of us.
I know my father is happy. I know he loves ClaraRuth. The future will be much brighter and joyful with ClaraRuth in our family!!
I will add some of the great pictures later! Note to self!
The wedding was a "secret" as they wanted it small. Not an easy feat with Dad's children:) But, Dad had six of his nine children and their families along with Granny present. ClaraRuth had all her family with her. Her sister, two nieces and their husbands, a nephew, and a great niece. The ceremony took place in Dad's gazebo with family standing close by.
Milton Sewell, President of Freed Hardeman University married them Milton's sweet wife Laurel was with him. All together there were 48 of us.
I know my father is happy. I know he loves ClaraRuth. The future will be much brighter and joyful with ClaraRuth in our family!!
I will add some of the great pictures later! Note to self!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home