Sam's new classroom
Samuel is doing really well in his new classroom!! He is HAPPY! And Samuel is not a person can pretend when it comes to emotions.
He is in a resource classroom (formerly called special ed classroom). When Scott got home from Knoxville I told Samuel to tell Dad about his new class.....he did....lol....he told Scott he would be "helping in Ms Gladys' class". Yesterday at the end of the day he asked Ms Gladys "Do you need me to come help tomorrow?" haha....She smiled and told him she loved his help! I may have to talk to him tonight about the "helping". While his reading is not as good as several others, his math is great. Yesterday he was dividing "pies" and Gladys had him help the other children. He was tickled to death. Samuels perceptual reasoning is above average and he has great "depth" at times (and sometimes that depth simply buries him!). I am glad he is doing well.
I so badly want success for all my children. Emotional success. The ability to know they are unique and to know that they are beautiful!
Sometimes in the mist of craziness I am not so great at emphasizing this!
Sometimes I just forget to tell them the great things they do.....until I am lying in bed at night and I think....gosh! I need to tell them!
Last night Stuart saved me my bringing my "church bag" to church for me. I thought it was in the van....and on the way to our gospel meeting I realized it was not in the van. I called home and caught the boys before they left. As Stuart sat down and worship began....I thought, listening to him sing, "what a GREAT guy!" There is not much sweeter to me than my children singing! No matter if they are 4 or 17 ...I LOVE IT!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home