Amanda's Thoughts

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Seeing Stars!

I sometimes can get tickled at myself. Saturday I was in walmart (by now anyone reading knows that Savannah is pretty much centered around the hub of walmart) and I met a lady I have known for year and years. She had another lady with her and she noticed the 10 pairs of dress shoes I had in the cart. she asked about my kids and then turned to the lady beside her and tried to tell her about the 'stars in Amanda's crown'.....now, that phrase always bothers me...but today when she said that all I could think of was the cartoon characters who get hit and you see the hallo of stars circle thier dizzy heads. I just laughed. That is how I feel sometimes....run over and left dizzy. Perhaps that might be the only stars I ever see. Heaven is not a place of "stars"....it is a place of rest, peace, love and joy...not exactly the everyday world I live in. I have challenges everyday. I do not think I always handle them in a way that is "crown making", I am every bit and more strong willed than any child who lives in my home. I think perhaps I have yet to meet my match. Some truly exhaust me though. I try so hard to be fair. This world is not a fair place. But, I do feel that the children need to have equality. They need a level playing field. I can do that.

Caleb has been griping about a teacher he has. One he does not like, or rather he says does not like him. She "picks on him". Humm....Sarah says it is likely true, that she has seen this teacher behave this way. BUT... it does not matter!!! If the teacher lets others complete assignments in class and not Caleb....then he sure better have it done BEFORE he goes to class. CALEB is resposible for his own grades. HE must meet this teachers demands and expectations, no matter how hard they are, because frankly, she is the boss! THAT is life!! THAT is not fair!! I would like to just tell him to get used to it. There will be people like this for the rest of his life....people he must deal with. The way it is handled is all his! All his choices. This too is life! This is the GOOD part. By not fulfilling the techers expectations, he is CHOOSEING a path he cannot blame a teacher for! If I have said it once, I have said it a hundred times to Caleb regarding this situation.....BE BEYOND REPROOF!! Make your life as her wish!! BTW, and when he does not live beyond reproof? Do not whine!!

Scott has returned to Knoxville. I am eagerly awaiting next Tuesday night when he hopefully will return!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home