melting pot

Yesterday Carlton's counselor was talking about the mix in my family. I was telling him about Jacob going to the zoo with me in Memphis. Jacob is a great role model for my little's. Jacob is very easy going, rarely mad about anything. He is not likely to scream, shout(unless playing...not in anger) or push anyone. He IS likely to laugh at the kids antics, play with them, talk to them and about them. He notices what goes on around him! He naturally can be with in public (such as the zoo) and me never have to talk to him about behavior. He is simply put ....a good guy! I have some really good guys.....they come in all shapes and sizes! They come in different temperaments and attitudes.
Jacob would get up anytime I need him and help. If the neighbor stopped by and needed someone to help out with something....he would. No questions asked. He would be happy the whole time. He is a great communicator. He likes to learn new things. He likes people....most all people. Jacob is blessed ....he sees the GOOD in others.....almost never does he say anything about other behavior that is bad.....he is positive. He is the first to stop and teach any of the kids a silly move, a goofy joke, whatever. He has no favorites...and if he does....he keeps it to himself.....everyone likes Jacob.....because they all feel like Jacob likes them!! I love him.
I do not think anyone with one single child in thier home can ever appreciate the uniqueness in my home, the qualities of each and every child. The way we can so deeply love each one....how each child can slip inside our heart ...making us thankful and truthfully in awe of God. If I live to be 110 I will never cease to be intrigued by people. I count my people as some of the most intriguing!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home