Amanda's Thoughts

Monday, October 16, 2006

Funnies

I sat through two IEP's today listening and working toward help for my guys Sam and Zack. In the middle I thought about the fact that while I am pushing for intervention based on educational testing and behavorial issues, they ARE funny guys! They do have great positives!

On the way to school last week this conversation began....and it is very much the norm!

Daniel who was cold due to our 32 degree morning....."I need some Miffins"
Samuel...."What?"
Daniel......"I need some Miffins" ( he does have problems with speech)
Samuel....."You need some Memphis?"
Daniel......"NO some miffins!"
Samuel....."Memphis?
Mercedez..."MITTINS Sam!"
Samuel......."Ohhhh, cause you can't wear Memphis"
Zack.........."Oh be quiet Sam, Memphis is a State!"
Jacob......"What did he just say???"
Me....."you heard him" LOL

An everyday occurance, if only I could remember it all!

Samuel was moved into a CDC (self contained) classroom. I am in such hopes that he has success in this new environment!!! I love love love his teacher "Miss" Gladys! She adopted a little boy we had in fostercare nearly 9 years ago. He is FASD and she is one kind of terrific resource!!

Zack's teacher, Mrs Boyd, is really doing great with Zack. No behavior problems....she actually said that his behavior did not interfere with his education. What a change from last year!! I am ever so thankful!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home