Some days!

What a day! Sometimes I have days that just grow and grow and even I wonder about my sanity...lol! Yesterday morning we were up and going early. My teens all had THUMP at Hardees with the youth group at 7 am. I had all my elementary school kids at school at 7:30. Seth and I ran to kroger and had my shopping done by the time I had to have him at school (8 am). I carried the groceries in and had them put away about the time Caleb texts me to please bring him black shorts for football practice. As I was digging through his not clean room, the phone rang. Annie, our school nurse, called about Victoria. She felt that the rash, not ringworm but something else was not getting any better. I hung up and called the Doctors office and they said bring her on in. So I gave up looking for shorts but did run by the sporting good store, which was not yet opened, so no shorts! While in the car the called from school that Izzy had thrown up. So I arrived at school and picked up Victoria and Izzy. We alll three went to the doctor. Izzy was really fine... or at least not sick any longer. Doctor said the rash was a ring worm "like' rash that you do not treat, but would go away in 6-9 weeks all by itself. The tiny rash was strep! New meds for that. And an appointment for next week with another Doctor to have her tonsils removed. And the ringworm was looking good, nearly gone.
We left the Doctors office. I called Annie to tell her what was said. Drove back to school and picked up Tasha and Lita to go to the eye doctor. Once they were in the van we drove to Wal-Mart (our first time to use thier eye care Doctor), but ran into Subway to eat a quick lunch first. We went to the eye Doctor and Tasha, Lita, and myself all had eye exams. Lita nearly cried because she did not need glasses, but wanted them. Tasha did need them for now. Her eyes are over-focusing and very likely will correct themselves in the next year and she may not need them after that. I am just getting old...lol! I has 20/20 in one eye and 20/30 in the other. I ended up just getting glasses for night driving..
Two hours later we left the vision center! We drove to Granny's house and I picked up some winter cloths for her to have at the nursing home with her. We have been trying to find a day for she and I to go and do it together....but the rain has not stopped long enough for Granny to feel good about being out. We ran to the nursing home and I carried her cloths in and traded out a few. We then took the summer cloths back to her house.
We ran by the Dollar Store and picked up a couple of my kids donations for thier fall festival baskets. Each class room will put together a basket (a themed basket) and they will be auctioned in the silent auction on the nigth of our Harvest Festival.
Then we went back to school to pick up all the children not with me!
Mercedez asked, "Why did you not wash my cloths today?" hummmm....let me see???
Somedays it is really hard to just stay on top of the half to dos!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home