Amanda's Thoughts

Friday, October 20, 2006

Enough

Discouragement. What a gross word! What a terrible thing! I try to never give into it! As a Christian, I find it very hard to reconcile being discouraged and being a Christian. Yes, I know we have our moments....but that is what they need to be moments. Quiet moments. And then, you have to move on. Pick yourself up. Dust off the old. Look to the future. You know all those old sayings? I do believe them! I live them. I try to not say things I do not mean. I try to not say things that will come back to me in a bad way. I try to not say things I would not repeat to the world.

Last night I was discouraged. I gave into self pity. I whined. I cried. I was so sad. I had moment that lasted an hour. I have dusted myself off. I have picked myself up. But decided that there will have to be adjustments with my children.

I REALIZE some of my kids have had a life that is hard. I KNOW they have things missing. I UNDERSTAND it will take time. But RESPECT has now been drug to the front of my line. I will not wait on it anymore. I will have it. They will give it. Good Grief! This is life!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home